In Translation: Xu Xin Post-National Games Thank You Message


Xu Xin walked away with 1 gold (team), 1 silver (men's doubles) and 4th place (men's singles) at the 13th National Games. Not only does he earn himself an excellent result from the games, he leaves an unforgettable moment and respectable spirit to the audience and the athletes who involved in the 13th National Games. On September 6, the last competition day for table tennis at the 13th National Games, Xu Xin wrote a long thank you message on his weibo (a Chinese twitter) and here is the translation of his message.


Xu Xin's original post in Chinese,


Translation:

The National Games has finally come to an end and I can speak my words.

Thank you Coach Wu Jiping for caring and helping me, especially at times before the National Games. He came all the way to Shanghai to train with me. The weather in Shanghai exceeded 40°C every day. I believe you all know how tough such hot weather to a 60-year-old an. I am really grateful for his everyday twenty-four seven company.

Coach Qin Zhijian always hopes that I could do my best. He has been giving me advice, even when on the few days that I trained in Beijing. He always asked me when was my training and my training plans. He is always by my side.

To a secret person. Thank you for your hard work and patience. You have been encouraging me whenever I encounter problems. When I am proud, you make me work harder. I will always remember our goal and move forward.

Ma Long, my closest brother. Everyone knows our goal (men's doubles champion). At the end we lost in the men's doubles final but we leave no regrets. Your spirit has touched me especially  when I am not having a good body condition. Perhaps I can forget this is a national competition and treat this as the Olympic Games.

Thank you to all opponents who I have met. We have gone all out and this makes competitive sport captivating.

It's the turn of Team Shanghai!
We have entered the finals of national championships/national games for 7 consecutive years. We lost in the first 3 years. It was heart-breaking and we were despair. We hated ourselves for not winning. Then we have won all the finals in the next 4 years. Everyone can see our squad. We are strong and united. Yet without those setbacks we are not going to have these victories. This champion is definitely belongs to our director and head coach of the last Olympic cycle.

Special thanks to the officials of the municipal government and district government. Thanks for your support and care  to the Shanghai table tennis team. Whatever results and difficulties we have you are the first one to send message to us which is very hearty.

Brother Li (nick name of Wang Liqin as he is very powerful they call him Da LI which means big power), I won the men's doubles national champion in 2008 in my first time representing Team Shanghai to play men's doubles. It's almost 10 years from now. You have changed your role from my elder brother to my superior. Your role has changed but your guidance and care have never changed. You have been by my side no matter in national competitions to international competitions.

Zhang Yang one of my best friends, you always stand by me whenever I am in Shanghai. From the first year you've become the head coach of the Shanghai table tennis team, I have trust in you that you will be doing well in the post. Who has ever thought of you are the head coach who have led the 4-time champion-winning team? I cannot think of who can replace your post.

Principal Cao (Cao Yanhua), is an important person to me as she brings me to the world of table tennis. Many have said I have brought many goodwill to  Cao's school. This is because they do not understand the effort that the school has put on me. After the defeat in the last National Games, I am determined to made a comeback from what I had lost. I am grateful for their effort.

To all my hardy teammates, no one has expected our team (with unconventional playing style) could win the men's team title. However we have won the entire quad, a total of 4. United for our team, for our own goals. Thank you everyone for your hard work to win this champion.

The supporting team. Other than our team doctor who gets filmed every day, the others do their work behind the scene. You are doing that just for the goal. You guys are awesome!

Thank you my family members. You always treat me as the pillar of the family and do everything wholeheartedly just for me. Also I would like to thank my wife. You always seem like unreliable but no matter behind the scene or by my side, you are always the one who reminds me and encourage me to be better and keep my mind clear. I have made you worried about my body conditions these days. This is competitive sport. The champion does not belong to everybody but the spirit and attitude of a professional athlete must be shown. I a not saying how good I am because I believe anyone who wants to success will do what I did or do it better. Now you can rest assured

Lastly, I would like to thank my lovely fans and every audience who has cheered for every one of us. I may not have the best result, I may not have the best potential but you are always so encouraging. All I can do is to do my best in return. I will let you know fighting strong under adversities will make life more remarkable.

I am going to off track a little bit. Kids nowadays are self-centered. When difficulties come few of them can stay strong and fight to the last. I may not have a perfect performance at the Games but I want to bring a positive spirit to you. After all 'juvenile strong, Chinese strong' (a quote from Liang Qichao's The Youth China), the future belongs to your generation and I wish China will become stronger. 

Source : Xu Xin's Weibo

No comments:

Post a Comment