Reasons For The Chinese Men's Team Withdrawn From Australia Open

CTTA released an announcement explaining the withdrawal of the Chinese Men's Team in 2017 Australia Open.




The translation as follow:


"Since the key players from the Chinese men's team are exhausted and have some injuries after continuous competition, CTTA has decided the men's team will not compete in 2017 Australia Open organized by ITTF. The men's team will take a break while the women's team will play in Australia Open as planned. CTTA has communicated with ITTF and receive their understanding. "

Source: CTTA

The men's team originally planned to send Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong, Zhang Jike, Yan An, Lin Gaoyuan and Liang Jingkun to participate in Australia Open but decided to withdraw on 29 June despite only 2 of them were involved in the Chengdu Three incident. Xu Xin, Ma Long and Fan Zhendong posted new post on Weibo to clarify the withdrawal of Australia Open is not related to the incident in China Open.





Xu Xin's post:
"Here I come! I will speak from my personal point of view, so please be patient... Firstly, pulling out the Australia Open has nothing to do with the General Administration of Sports and Table Tennis and Badminton Center. After a series of competitions, I am exhausted and my stamina is not as good as that a few years ago. Therefore I expressed my wish for withdrawing Australia Open during Japan Open. The officials has been caring about us recently and forfeiting the matches is a wrong deed. I hope that everyone can look at this incident objectively. I am not young and I would like to take a break after major competitions. Can I? If you guys continue to make irrational rumors, it will turn out kidnapping my freedom. Driver fatigue is unfavorable what about 'player fatigue'?"






Ma Long's post:
"Since late-May, I have played in the World Championships, Japan Open and China Open. Due to injuries and an exhausted body, I did not enter the Australia Open which will be held in July. Please do not misinterpret it and thanks for your attention. I will come back with a better form."




Fan Zhendong's post:
"Thank you for your attention. I have played in several competitions continuously. And my stamina cannot keep up with it. Playing in Australia Open with such bad form will increase the risk of injury. Withdrawing Australia Open may spare some time for me to adjust my form. I hope I will play in the Chinese National Games with a better condition. Please follow my performance in the competition and see you in the Chinese National Games."


It might be a bit disappointing that the top players are pulled out from Australia Open but there are still many exciting matches coming up soon. As one of them hinted in the post that he will play in the Chinese National Games. Let's look forward to their performance 2 months later. Comment below and follow the blog as we will keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. "If you guys continue to make irrational rumors, it will turn out kidnapping my freedom."
    This almost sounds like a plea to the fans to quiet down, so as to not compromise Xu Xin further. The more people protest the "reforms", the more it will probably reflect badly on the Chengdu Three and increase the likelihood of them receiving severe punishments, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Magnus for supporting this blog. I appreciate your comments and you are always welcome to comment about the issues and the blog as well! I would love to hear about your thoughts on the content of this blog (such as what's more you would like to read from this blog...)

    Actually the Chengdu Three incident has calmed down a bit. After all, one week has gone and life must go on.

    So far, CTTA (Chinese Table Tennis Association) tends to protect the athletes as it has just announced the list of athletes who have qualified to the Chinese National Games (the Chinese form of Olympics which held every 4 years) and the Chengdu Three are in the list. This means they are not banned from playing national competitions.

    There are no international assignments for the national team members so most of them should have returned to their provincial team to prepare for the Chinese National Games.

    ReplyDelete