In Translation: Reflection on 2017 Asian Championships Hand-Written by the Chinese Women's Team

Few days ago, we saw pictures about the men's close-door training posted by the head coach, Liu Guoliang. Today, the CCTV 5 reporter, Li Wujun, posted pictures about the women's team in close-door training in Huangshi, including reflections on 2017 Asian Championships and major rivals listed.

Reflection on 2017 Asian Championships were posted on the board.
Photo: 李武军

On the reflection column of 2017 Asian Championships, there is an eye-catching statement reminding members of the women's team.


Photo: 李武军

The translation:

"Whenever you encounter difficulties, do not blame yourself, do not blame the others, do not lose confidence, do not escape from responsibility but face the difficulties together. History is created by courageous people, let's be confident, take action and move forward together. 

There are also pictures of the reflections written by athletes. Since the photos only show part of the reflection, I am not going to translate them word by word.

Ding Ning's Reflection
Photo: 李武军
Brief Translation:

Team event: I was up against Team Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong and Japan. Overall speaking I played quite normal in the matches but I sensed the differences in the ball. My first three ball contacts were not played up to my expectation but I tried to adapt to it and adjust to it. Such difference had affected my follow up and ball placement. The most noticeable difference is the decrease of the spin of the ball while the speed has increased.


Singles event:  I lost to Hirano Miu in the quarterfinal after leading 2 sets. First, I must face this defeat and deal with my problems. I think one of the problem is insufficient preparation before the competition. This includes, the performance of the opponent, changes of the ball and my physical fitness. Although I had a lead in the competition I was not in good shape heading to the meet. I did try to adjust my form and emotion but the uncomfortable feelings posed pressure on me. Playing against Hirano Miu under such condition I was distracted by my thoughts and did not focus on the competition. I wished to win but did not stand strong and be determined in the competition. As I recall, I was very conservative in the competition.


Liu Shiwen's Reflection
Photo: 李武军
Brief Translation:
Overall speaking, I have meet my targets in the Asian Championships. Losing the women's singles titles is a very shocking defeat and alarm to me. I feel the weight of the pressure and responsibility is on my shoulder. My shoulder injury has affected my performance and confidence. I felt uncomfortable in the team event. This may due to the jam-packed competition schedule before the meets and the switching to new balls. I have not played in international meets for awhile. These may be the factors that affected my physical fitness. I will monitor my physical condition in the following training and peak at the right time.


Chen Meng's Reflection
Photo: 李武军
Brief translation:

The feeling of losing the women's singles final and standing for the Japanese national anthem is inconsolable. The fact that I had lost the competition and I cannot be drenched in the misery of defeat. I should start analyzing the problems in the match and remind myself with this. I foresaw the finals would be a tough match but never thought of losing it. As I had played against Miu before and my backhand was better off. My only worries was her service but I had seen her services in the CTTSL and believed I could manage it. Perhaps there were nothing too problematic, the preparation before the match was not comprehensive enough.


Major Rivals in 2017 Worlds

Like the men's team, the women's team hung huge banners with major rivals listed. Have a look of the banner and see how many can you recognize!


Photo: 李武军
Major Rivals in Women's Doubles:

Choe Hyon Hwa / Kim Song I (PRK), Miu Hirano / Kasumi Ishikawa (JPN), Feng Tianwei / Yu Mengyu (SGP), Ito Mima / Hayata Hina (JPN), Cheng I-ching / Chen Szu-yu (TPE), Doo Hoi Kem / Lee Ho Ching (HKG), Petrissa Solja / Winter Sabine (GER), Kim Kyungah / Suh Hyowon (KOR), Li Jie (NED) / Li Qian (POL), Lee Zion / Yang Haeun (KOR), Monteiro Dodean Daniela / Samara Elizabeta (ROU).

Photo: 李武军
Major Rivals for women's singles:

Miu Hirano (JPN), Kasumi Ishikawa (JPN), Mima Ito (JPN), Feng Tianwei (SGP), Kim Song I (PRK), Cheng I-ching (TPE), Doo Hoi Kem (HKG), Chen Szu-yu (TPE), Lee Ho Ching (HKG), Petrissa Solja (GER), Li Jie (NED), Tie Yana (HKG), Yang Haeun (KOR), Li Qian (POL), Kim Kyungah (KOR), Melek Hu (TUR), Suh Hyowon (KOR), Samara Elizabeta (ROU).


Follow the blog for more updates and share your thoughts by commenting below (no registration or account needed to make a comment!).

No comments:

Post a Comment